Yet another year is quickly coming to a close, and it’s time to make those plans for celebrating New Year’s Eve in Cleveland!
As we’ve discussed many times before, Cleveland is a phenomenal place to be during the holiday season. Christmas Ales abound in breweries, holiday lights are strung up in every neighborhood, and there are so many celebrations and events from Thanksgiving through the New Year to enjoy.
But to wrap up the end of the holiday season, you might want to have an incredible New Year’s Eve celebration! Luckily, Cleveland doesn’t fall short on that score. Here are the best ways to ring in the new year in Cleveland.
(Note that some of the events listed below may require proof of COVID vaccination or a negative test in order to attend. Be sure to visit each event’s website for more information.)
Best Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Cleveland, Ohio
1. Head to a New Year’s Eve Gala or Party
Put on your sparkliest outfit, fanciest dress, or most dapper attire and head to a fancy New Year’s Eve gala or party in Cleveland to ring in the new year in style.
Sip Champagne, eat hors d’oeuvres, and dance the night away as you celebrate the coming of the next year. Here are some great places to attend a New Year’s Eve gala or party to ring in 2022*:
- Windows on the River NYE Celebration: This event space overlooking the Cuyahoga River is hosting a NYE event from 8 pm-1 am with hors d’oeuvres, dancing (including a Silent Disco!), drinks, a balloon drop, and more across five different rooms. A ticket will also allow you to stroll through the Greater Cleveland Aquarium after-hours. Tickets are $175 per person.
- Fire & Ice New Year’s Eve Gala: The Metropolitan at the 9 is hosting its annual party with the theme this year being Fire & Ice. Cleveland’s largest NYE event will include free beverages, tasty hors d’oeuvres, and lots of entertainment. There are also hotel packages and secret giveaways to enjoy. Prices start at $200.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Gala on the Nautica Queen: Who says you have to stay on dry land to ring in the new year? Hop on the Nautica Queen and sail into 2022! Tickets start at $88.95 and you can add on extras like wine to your ticket. This cruise starts at 9:30 pm and returns at 1 am.
- NYE Sneaker Ball: Located at the Hilton DoubleTree Westlake hotel, this event will take place from 7 pm-1 am on NYE. The gala will feature live music, giveaways, and an open bar for the first 3 hours! The price is $125 just for the event, or $250 per person or $350 for a couple and includes an overnight stay at the hotel, pre-dinner cocktail reception, dinner, and open bar.
- Tropidelic: This 2-day event starts on December 30 and goes into the new year beginning at 7 pm on the 30th and 31st. The first night is at The Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights and the second night is at the House of Blues. There will be a lot of great live music, and VIPs also get early entry, band meet and greets, food, and access to the late night after party. Prices start at $25.
- New Year’s Eve Extravaganza 2022: Game Changer’s presents the New Year’s Eve Extravaganza starting at 6 pm on December 31. Located at the Grand Ballroom of Sausalito Catering, the event includes dinner, live music, and a champagne toast at midnight! Prices start at $60 for general admission in advance.
- Woodside’s 2022 New Year’s Eve Gala: Starting at 7 pm at the Woodside Event Center, you can dance and party the evening away with the open bar, food, champagne toast at midnight, and tons of live entertainment! Prices start at $99 and it appears to be sold out for this year.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet and Party at Wagner’s: Wagner’s is hosting its buffet and party this year starting at 5 pm until the new year. There are 3 ways to celebrate: the buffet and cash bar, party with an open bar, treats, and entertainment, or both options for the full experience. Prices start at $40.95.
- Sam SYLK & TBG Presents Black Excellence 2022 New Years Eve Celebration: Located in Maple Heights, this NYE celebration starts at 7 pm and is hosted by 93.1WZAK’s own DJ One Plus Two and Scratch Master L! Prices start at $25 and include admission to the event and music, free food, and party favors.
- Gavoli Rockin New Years Eve: The Mediterranean Party Center is hosting its NYE celebration starting at 7 pm and includes 2 DJs plus 2 live bands, free dinner, champagne toast at midnight, and an open bar from 8-11 pm. Prices start at $85 for an individual or $150 per couple.
- New Year’s Eve “Living Art”: Revival of the Soiree: Hosted by Lago Custom Events, this party starts at 7 pm and is full of lavish food, drinks, and live entertainment all night long. Prices start at $175 per person for late-night admission after 10 pm, $250 per person for full admission, and $450 per couple.
2. NYE Celebrations at Bars and Restaurants in Cleveland
Almost every bar and many restaurants have their own way of ringing in the New Year in Cleveland, whether it is via an expensive cover with a live band, or free entrance and some great music.
Here are some confirmed bars and restaurants in the area with ticketed NYE celebrations in Cleveland this year:
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room: Located in Tremont, this New Orleans-inspired restaurant is throwing quite the bash with a live DJ, free beads and masks, New Orleans cuisine at the buffet, and an open bar. The party starts at 9:30 pm and costs $125 per person.
- Hofbrauhaus: Hofbrauhaus is ready to ring in 2022 starting at 9 pm with food stations, champagne toast at midnight, open bar (with lots of that great German beer), and entertainment from a DJ. The party costs $125 per person.
- Nuevo Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar: DJ OK presents NYE 2022 at Neuvo downtown. With food and an open bar, plus the DJ, you’ll have the best time starting at 9 pm. Prices start at $120 per person.
- Georgetown & Vosh: Georgetown & Vosh are renting out their igloos for a $100 rental fee for 2-hour time slots starting at 3 pm through 12:30 am. The tab is a minimum of $250 per igloo, and they can accommodate up to 8 people. Enjoy food and signature cocktails in this more laid back NYE event in Cleveland.
- Good Night John Boy: Good Night John Boy is hosting its New Years Eve in Cleveland bash starting at 9:30 pm on December 31. Tickets start at $100 and include an open bar until midnight, pizza, and a Champagne toast. Dance the night away at this retro-themed bar.
- Alley Cat Oyster Bar: Alley Cat Oyster Bar is having a 7 course meal to ring in the New Year! Starting at 4 pm, you’ll enjoy scrumptious food and tasty cocktails well into the evening. Prices start at $150 per person for just the meal and $200 for dinner plus wine/cocktail pairings.
- Wild Eagle Steak & Saloon (Broadview Heights): Wild Eagle is celebrating big-time as we enter into 2022 with their New Years and Beers New Year’s Eve Party. Tickets are $100 per person, and include an open bar starting at 8 pm through midnight, BBQ dinner buffet, Champagne toast at midnight, music from Tricky Dick and the Cover Ups, DJ on the patio, and an Uber discount code.
- Music Box Supper Club: Music Box Supper Club is having a Fleetwood Mac cover band playing to bring in 2022! Tickets start at $65 and you can opt for the NYE bundle including a 4-course dinner and Champagne toast. Doors open at 7:30 pm.
- Twist Social Club: Twist is having its Glitter and Gold NYE Party with dancing, amazing drinks, and fabulous queens to ring in the New Year! Tickets start at $75 and include admission to the club and VIP area, Landmark Smokehouse appetizer buffet from 8-11 pm, open bar from 8-midnight, and a Champagne toast at midnight. You can also opt out and just pay a $10 cover at the door.
Almost every bar rings in the New Year here in Cleveland, so even if you don’t want to book a ticket now, chances are your favorite bar is going to be open and ready for a party!
3. Unique Ways to Celebrate NYE in Cleveland
We’ve talked about the more traditional parties, galas, and events happening at event venues and bars across Cleveland, but here are a few more unique ways to ring in the new year:
- Cleveland Pops New Years Eve Party & Dance: Ring in the new year in style with the Cleveland Pops Orchestra at Severance Hall! Enjoy live music from the orchestra as well as dancing to the Pops Jazz Ensemble and No-Name Band. Prices start at $31 per person.
- Cleveland Improv Comedy Theatre and Restaurant: Spend NYE with comedian-turned-actor Guy Torry as you laugh your way into 2022. There are showtimes at 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm with the late show including party favors, appetizers, Champagne at midnight, and watching the ball drop live. Prices start at $120 for a 2-person table for the late show, or $120 for the 4-person table for the early show. There is a dinner package available as well.
- Pickwick & Frolic: Pickwick & Frolic is hosting its NYE with the LOVEMASTER comedian Craig Shoemaker. Showtimes are either at 7:15 pm or 10:15 pm with the late show including a balloon drop, sparkling toast, party favors, and countdown broadcast from NYC. Prices start at $30 for the early show and $40 for the late show. There is a dinner package available as well.
- Bubbles & Bubble NYE: Toast in the new year as you make your own hand blown wine glass, tumbler, rocks glass, or beer mug at the Glass Bubble Project in Ohio City. Enjoy appetizers, chocolate covered strawberries, and bubbles during the event. It costs $150 per couple, and the event runs from 6-10 pm on December 31.
There are so many exciting ways to celebrate 2022 in Cleveland, Ohio! No matter which of these celebrations you choose, you’ll have an incredible and unforgettable evening to close out the year.
Are you doing anything fun on New Year’s Eve this year?
Kat is a Cleveland transplant and has lived here for over 5 years. She loves to eat, drink, and explore all across the city, and has made it her personal mission to find the best breweries and pizza in Northeast Ohio. She also runs a couples travel blog and podcast called World Wide Honeymoon.