Yet another year is quickly coming to a close, and it’s time to make those plans for celebrating New Year’s Eve in Cleveland!
As we’ve discussed many times before, Cleveland is a phenomenal place to be during the holiday season. Christmas Ales abound in breweries, holiday lights are strung up in every neighborhood, and there are so many celebrations and events from Thanksgiving through the New Year to enjoy.
But to wrap up the end of the holiday season, you might want to have an incredible New Year’s Eve celebration! Luckily, Cleveland doesn’t fall short on that score. Here are the best ways to ring in the new year in Cleveland.
Best Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Cleveland, Ohio
- New Year’s Eve Galas and Parties
- NYE Celebrations at bars and restaurants
- Unique ways to ring in the New Year
1. Head to a New Year’s Eve Gala or Party
Put on your sparkliest outfit, fanciest dress, or most dapper attire and head to a fancy New Year’s Eve gala or party in Cleveland to ring in the new year in style.
Sip Champagne, eat hors d’oeuvres, and dance the night away as you celebrate the coming of the next year. Here are some great places to attend a New Year’s Eve gala or party to ring in 2023:
- Windows on the River NYE Celebration: This event space overlooking the Cuyahoga River is hosting a NYE event from 8 pm-1 am with hors d’oeuvres, dancing (including a Silent Disco!), drinks, a balloon drop, and more across five different rooms. A ticket will also allow you to stroll through the Greater Cleveland Aquarium after hours until 10:30 pm. Tickets are $175 per person.
- In the Midnight Hour New Year’s Eve Gala: The Metropolitan at the 9 is hosting its annual party with the theme this year being In the Midnight Hour. Cleveland’s largest NYE event will include free beverages, tasty hors d’oeuvres, and lots of entertainment. There are also hotel packages and secret giveaways to enjoy. Prices start at $125.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Gala on the Nautica Queen: Who says you have to stay on dry land to ring in the new year? Hop on the Nautica Queen and sail into 2023! Tickets start at $88.95 and you can add on extras like wine to your ticket. This cruise starts at 9:30 pm and returns at 12:30 am.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Gala: Located at the Hilton DoubleTree Westlake hotel, this event will take place from 7 pm-1 am on NYE. The gala will feature live music, giveaways, and an open bar for the first 3 hours! The price is $150 just for the event, or $300 per person or $350 for a couple and includes an overnight stay at the hotel, pre-dinner cocktail reception, dinner, and open bar.
- Woodside’s 2023 New Year’s Eve Gala: Starting at 7 pm at the Woodside Event Center, you can dance and party the evening away with the open bar, food, champagne toast at midnight, and tons of live entertainment! Prices start at $120.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet and Party at Wagner’s: Wagner’s is hosting its buffet and party this year starting at 5 pm until the new year. There are 3 ways to celebrate: the buffet and cash bar, party with an open bar, treats, and entertainment, or both options for the full experience. Prices start at $50.95.
- Sam SYLK & TBG Presents 2023 New Years Eve Celebration: Located in Maple Heights, this NYE celebration starts at 7 pm and is hosted by 93.1WZAK’s own DJ One Plus Two and Scratch Master L! Prices start at $20 and include admission to the event and music, free food, and party favors.
- New Year’s Eve 2023 Party: Hosted by Lago Custom Events, this party starts at 7 pm and is full of lavish food, drinks, and live entertainment all night long. Prices start at $150 per person for late-night admission after 10 pm, $225 per person for full admission, and $425 per couple.
- New Year’s Eve 2023 Celebration at The IVY: This NYE gala is hosted at The IVY in downtown Cleveland. It includes an open bar from 9 pm-12 am and hors d’oeuvres with a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets start at $50.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Truss Cleveland: Ring in the new year at Truss, a brand-new rooftop venue in Cleveland. This NYE party includes an open bar, live-action food stations, hors d’oeuvres, late-night snacks, a champagne toast, party favors, and a DJ all evening. Tickets for this even are $300.
- NY Eve Bash at The Aviator: The Aviator Event Center & Pub is throwing a NYE bash with an open bar, food including a raw bar and carving stations, decadent desserts, late night snacks, a DJ, and more. Tickets are $175.
2. NYE Celebrations at Bars and Restaurants in Cleveland
Almost every bar and many restaurants have their own way of ringing in the New Year in Cleveland, whether it is via an expensive cover with a live band, or free entrance and some great music.
Here are some confirmed bars and restaurants in the area with ticketed NYE celebrations in Cleveland this year:
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room: Located in Tremont, this New Orleans-inspired restaurant is throwing quite the bash with a live DJ, free beads and masks, New Orleans cuisine at the buffet, and an open bar. The party starts at 9:30 pm and costs $135 per person.
- Hofbrauhaus: Hofbrauhaus is ready to ring in 2023 starting at 9 pm with food stations, champagne toast at midnight, open bar (with lots of that great German beer), and entertainment from a DJ. The party costs $125 per person.
- Great Lakes Brewing: Ring in the New Year at Cleveland’s OG craft brewery. They’re offering a private beer dinner from 6:30-9:30 p.m. that will include a 4-course meal with beer pairings, and a midnight toast with beer brewed exclusively for New Year’s Eve. They will also have a public party with a DJ from 10 p.m.-1 a.m. The beer dinner is $85 per person; the public party is free.
- Good Night John Boy: Good Night John Boy is hosting its New Year’s Eve in Cleveland bash starting at 9 pm on December 31. Tickets start at $100 and include an open bar until midnight and a champagne toast. Dance the night away at this retro-themed bar.
- Alley Cat Oyster Bar: Alley Cat Oyster Bar is having a 7 course meal to ring in the New Year! Starting at 4 pm, you’ll enjoy scrumptious food and tasty cocktails well into the evening. Prices start at $175 per person for just the meal and $225 for dinner plus wine/cocktail pairings.
- Wild Eagle Steak & Saloon (Broadview Heights): Wild Eagle is celebrating big-time as we enter into 2023 with their Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Countdown Party. Tickets are $125 per person, and include an open bar starting at 8 pm through midnight, BBQ dinner buffet, champagne toast at midnight, music from Tricky Dick and the Cover Ups, DJ on the patio, and an Uber discount code.
- Music Box Supper Club: Music Box Supper Club is having a Fleetwood Mac cover band playing to bring in 2023! Tickets start at $50 and you can opt for the NYE bundle including a 4-course dinner and champagne toast. Doors open at 7:30 pm.
- Twist Social Club: Twist is having its NYE Party with dancing, amazing drinks, and fabulous queens to ring in the New Year! Tickets start at $100 and include admission to the club and VIP area, Landmark Smokehouse appetizer buffet from 8 pm-11 pm, open bar from 8 pm-midnight, and a Champagne toast at midnight. You can also opt out and just pay a $10 cover at the door.
Almost every bar rings in the New Year here in Cleveland, so even if you don’t want to book a ticket now, chances are your favorite bar is going to be open and ready for a party!
3. Unique Ways to Celebrate NYE in Cleveland
We’ve talked about the more traditional parties, galas, and events happening at event venues and bars across Cleveland, but here are a few more unique ways to ring in the new year:
- Noon Year’s Eve: If you’re looking for a New Year event you can take the whole family to, Tower City is throwing a “Noon Year’s Eve” party on December 31. The event includes face painters, music, costumed characters, and a balloon drop at noon. The event is free, but you do need to reserve a spot in advance.
- Cleveland Pops New Year’s Eve Casino Royale: Ring in the new year in style with the Cleveland Pops Orchestra at Mandel Concert Hall! Enjoy live music from the orchestra as well as dancing to the Pops Jazz Ensemble and No-Name Band. Prices start at $49 per person.
- Cleveland Improv Comedy Theatre and Restaurant: Spend NYE with comedian-turned-actor Guy Torry as you laugh your way into 2023. There are showtimes at 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm with the late show including party favors, appetizers, Champagne at midnight, and watching the ball drop live. Prices start at $150 for a 2-person table for the late show, or $120 for the 4-person table for the early show. There is a dinner package available as well.
- Pickwick & Frolic: Pickwick & Frolic is hosting its NYE with the LOVEMASTER comedian Jeff Dye. Showtimes are either at 7:15 pm or 10:15 pm with the late show including a balloon drop, sparkling toast, party favors, and countdown broadcast from NYC. Prices start at $30 for the early show and $40 for the late show. There is a dinner package available as well.
- The Burlesque Ball at Studio West 117: Studio West in Lakewood is hosting a dinner and burlesque night this year that should be an event to remember! There are two dinner seatings (6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.) with a drag burlesque show, following by a party and dancing open to all starting at 10 p.m. Tickets are $65 for the dinner show, or $15 just for the 10 p.m. dance party.
There are so many exciting ways to celebrate 2023 in Cleveland, Ohio! No matter which of these celebrations you choose, you’ll have an incredible and unforgettable evening to close out the year.
Are you doing anything fun on New Year’s Eve this year?
Kat is a Cleveland transplant and has lived here for over 5 years. She loves to eat, drink, and explore all across the city, and has made it her personal mission to find the best breweries and pizza in Northeast Ohio. She also runs a couples travel blog and podcast called World Wide Honeymoon.